Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Oh Happy Day

My blog got it's very first comment!!!!!! Woooooohoooo!!!! Thank you knit_chick for the kind words and for popping my blogger-comment cherry. :-D It's a very very special day.

My hubby was out of town last night so I got a lot of knitting done. I finally finished grandma's scarf around 1:30 AM aided by a lot of Halloween candy. (It's our first Halloween living on an Army post. How was I supposed to know kids trick-or-treat at the bottom of each apartment stairwell instead of coming door to door?!) Now I've got a bowl full of chocolate that taunts me and mocks me until I have to cram it in my mouth just to shut it up.

I stumbled across the Knitty Coffeeshop yesterday and immediately signed up. A place where I can chat with fellow knitters? Joy! So far I've just been hanging around the Newbie forum but everybody seems really nice. I'm looking forward to picking people's brains for help whenever I need it.

Which leads me to my newest WIP. My own take on knitty's coronet hat. I've changed the cable pattern to match the one on grandma's scarf. Here's what I have done on the band so far. I had to learn a new technique for this too- how to do a provisional cast on. Piece of cake! Well, doing it was. We'll see when it comes time to take it back out. I'll have to learn a second new skill for this hat too. How to pick up stitches for the body of the hat. Wooooooo! Exciting :)



I had two extra balls of yarn left which will be more than enough to do the hat. I might even have tried some matching mittens if I didn't have that other rainbow scarf still waiting to be cast on. I started the hat band this afternoon and hubby came home around 5 this evening to find me surrounded by candy wrappers, happily knitting away and watching The Pagemaster. :-D And just in case you're laughing yourself silly over my movie choice, I check out 5 movies every week from the library so that I always have something on hand to pop in while I'm knitting. Our library has a pretty large movie collection even if they aren't the latest and greatest blockbusters. And since I often OFTEN find AFN lacking in quality programming I figure the library is the way to go. Best part: it's free. This week I was into kids movies. I got The Pagemaster, The Land Before Time I and II, Titan AE, and the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Okay, off I go... back to the hat! And maybe to another piece of chocolate. I hear it calling my name...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home