Thursday, November 03, 2005

I hate the craft store, this hat and colds.

DONE!!

Knitting and cold medicine don't mix. I found this out the hard way this morning when I realized I was knitting the body of the hat backwards in reverse stockinette. Now, I could have left it that way I suppose but I didn't really like how it looked. So it got frogged and started anew.

Then 3/4 of the way through I realized I was running out of yarn. I had 100 g. of bulky weight yarn for this thing but perhaps underestimated how much yarn cables take! I quickly made up my own decreases since I'd changed the Coronet pattern to suit my gauge... and finished the whole thing with about a yard to spare. Sheesh. But it's done! I had hubby take a photo. (Please excuse the dark circles, I'm still feeling quite under the weather.)



Now I'll need to block it so the cables will lay flat. (If you look closely you'll see that the right side of the scarf has already been blocked. I'm using acrylic yarn and when I started I wanted to make sure blocking it would work to combat the curling. :) )

One more scarf to go and my Christmas presents are d-o-n-e! Then I finally get to knit something for myself for a change.

Now... about the craft store. It sucks. I went looking for my dpns and they only had sizes 7, 8, & 9. What kind of crap is that?! I'll have to order some online for next time. Today I made do with some clever manipulations with my Denise kit. I also planned on buying some polyfill for the teddy bear I plan on knitting sometime in the near future. And they didn't have any! What kind of craft store IS this??

I got a late Birthday check for $25 from the MIL last week. I'm planning on spending it on knitting stuff (what else?) Maybe a bit of yarn.. new needles... or a book. I really want The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns and Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I mentioned them both on my Christmas list but might cheat and get one early. We'll see :)

2 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Done with Christmas knitting?!? I'm impressed! :o)

The hat and scarf look terrific... congrats!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Ah, yes... Good luck finding anything that you need or want! Found you through Teresa's Blog, I myself am up in Schweinfurt. I look forward to reading more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home