Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Veterans Day Weekend

Hubby had 4 days off of work this weekend so we took the opportunity to get out and explore some more of Germany. Saturday we went to Frankfurt and played 'tourists.' After the most AMAZING lunch at a Chinese restaurant called Jasmin we strolled along window shopping. We stopped in a tea shop so that I could buy some new tea. I think I spent 20 minutes smelling every single one! It's hard to choose a flavor when you can't read the labels. Eventually I found one called Winterzauber that I fell in love with. It's a red tea blended with almond, cardamom, and cinnamon flavors. Delicious! And look what else I found! :)


Yes, that's a yarn shop called Lana. Full of-- you guessed it! Lana Grossa yarns. I was drooling all over the front window! But since I'd just bought myself a present at the tea shop I promised hubby I wouldn't even go in. So I took a picture instead. However we DID go into a Woolworth's and Karstadt's looking for some cheap sock yarn and new dpn's so I can try knitting socks whenever I have a chance. Here's my cat Dell posing with the new equipment. Doesn't he look thrilled? Such a good kitty. He could care less about my yarn. The notebook holding all my printed out patterns however, is a completely different matter. He won't stop chewing on it!



On Sunday we drove 3 hours to see Neuschwanstein castle. It was just as beautiful as I expected even if it seemed a bit smaller in person. The tour through the inside was nice but a bit short and rushed. The rooms we got to see were amazing! Unfortunately most of the castle wasn't finished before King Ludwig's death, and construction came to a halt after that. On the drive I finally settled on a pattern for the last Christmas scarf. (YAY me!!) Simple 2x2 ribbing. LOL, I know... I know. :) Here's the start:



Last, I'll leave you with some pictures I took while we were at Neuschwanstein. Enjoy the view!


Neuschwanstein


View from the castle


Hohenschwangau Castle










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home