Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sweater Success

After a couple afternoons of marathon knitting and two days of seaming, I have finally finished my first ever sweater! :)

It's far from perfect but I don't care. I'm happy with it! It was not only also my first time doing intarsia but knit from my very own intarsia chart too. There are some wonky bits where there were small holes I had to patch up while weaving in my ends but I just keep telling myself nobody will notice when there's a cute baby inside it. Right?


The seaming was a major pain in the you-know-what but I supposeit was good practice. If I were to make this sweater again I would definitely do the turtleneck bit in the round. I really hate the way the big bulky seam looks there! I would go back and re-work it now but I don't have dpns or circs in the right size. Ah well! Look at the beautiful arm and shoulder seams here.. not bad for a first timer, eh? (Ok, I'll stop stoking my own ego now...)



And of course the finished product. I have no idea what I'll be knitting next. Maybe some baby booties? I have some light blue Simply Soft from Caron that I could work into another sweater perhaps. Hmm...



8 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger MBT said...

Fabulous - great job!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

Very, very cute! Even without a cute baby inside! Your first intarsia looks great.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

That is so cute! You did a great job! I know it's a lot of work, but you should be proud! :)

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Miss Kalendar said...

It's great! Well done!
I love stars, but it's so hard to knit them and have them look like Stars. Great job!

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Congratulations on your *ahem* 'baking'.

The sweater is really sweet and the star looks great. I'm always filling holes by weaving in, so you're not alone!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Adorable! Can't wait to see it warming up a cute little one!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Brittany said...

I love the star! That looks great! Congrats!

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you can sew my shoulder seams any day. I suck at sewing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home