Wednesday, November 30, 2005

SKA?

Guess what I started the other day? Yeah, another scarf. Is there a scarf-knitters anonymous (SKA?) support group out there anywhere? I just can't seem to stop!!

I bought two skeins of TLC Amore in plum waay back in June and had no idea what to make with it. It's so soft and pretty I decided to try out the Razor Shell lace pattern I fell in love with from another blog. Here's the beginning:



I haven't decided whether I like it yet or not. I love the pattern. I love the yarn. I just don't know if I love them together. What do you think? The boucle doesn't give very good stitch definition. But it's soo light and airy I already want to snug it around my neck and never take it off! But it's another one of those cool weather scarves-- definitely not built for biting cold and snow. So while I mull it over I put it aside and started this instead:



The cable pattern is from the Harmony Guide and the yarn is called Chile from the LYS-- the same stuff I used for Grandma's hat and scarf. Only... halfway through the second repeat I decided I didn't like how big the cable looked with this bulky yarn. So it got frogged. I've put together a new pattern using two different cables from the Harmony guide and am halfway through the second repeat of that now. (No, I didn't take a photo! Whoops. I promise one next time.) So far, I'm liking attempt #2 much better.

And in all this scarfyness I did get some work done on the rainbow one. See? It's pushing 3 feet! Slow and steady. Afterall, Christmas is a few weeks off yet, right?



And now, in un-scarf related news, I just finished my first swap on the Knitty Coffeeshop. I had a copy of Jill Eaton's Minnow Knits book I wanted to pass on. The lovely Kori is now its proud owner and she sent me such luscious yarn in return, I nearly cried with joy!!




From L to R that's two balls of Classic Elite bamboo yarn, two balls of Sisu sock yarn, and three balls of Rowan linen drape. I'm so in love! The Rowan colors are so yummy they make me wish it were autumn again. And the bamboo yarn... *happy sigh*. If you've never felt bamboo yarn you've GOT to. It was the first time I'd even heard of it and this stuff feels like buttah. I have no idea what any of it will turn into but I can't stop taking it all out, looking at it, and petting it a little. Thanks Kori!! :)





1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with the Amore. I have about 5 skeins that never found the "right" project.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home