Sunday, November 27, 2005

The Neverending Scarves

Yes, I know I'm supposed to be working on that last Christmas gift. I even like how the scarf is turning out! I just can't keep myself focused lately.

This weekend hubby and I were Christmas shopping in downtown Heidelberg. We were in Galeria Kaufhof looking around when he had to visit the WC. Am I to blame that the clever folks at Kaufhof put their yarn section right next to the restrooms? Absolutely not! I found some super bulky navy blue yarn that matched what I used to make his hat a few weeks ago and decided he needed a scarf. Hubby is not a scarf person-- I'm not sure if he's ever worn one before in his life! But it's chilly here in winter and hats and jackets only cover so much. The yarn was a wool/acrylic blend so it's warm without being itchy. Super bulky meant that I knit up the garter stitch scarf on size 13 needles in one afternoon. Hubby seems pleased with it, so maybe he'll actually wear it! If he won't I'm sure I will. :)




As if I hadn't had enough scarf knitting to last me a lifetime, I really want to start work on my Irish Hiking scarf this week. Only the yarn I intend to use is still in thrift-shop sweater form. Whoops! Looks like I'll be doing some frogging tomorrow. Tonight, it's back to the rainbow scarf. I swear!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home