Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A hat and the Frankenslock.

I've been a busy little bee!

First to show off is an earflap hat for baby.. it took a couple of frogged starts before I gave in and knit a swatch to check my gauge so I could adjust the pattern accordingly. (I know, I know.. I should have done that in the first place!) It's my own adaptation of the Earflap Hat from the Knitting for Baby book by Falik and Nicholas. Knit with Lion Brand Homespun on size 4 needles.

Here it is modelled by the knit bunny I made over Christmas.. (sorry for the crummy lighting!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And now on to the slock! I'm still waiting on the Baby Bobbi Bear pattern I ordered from Blue Sky Alpacas to arrive in the mail, so I thought I'd finally sit down and see about this sock knitting business. Instead of jumping right in with sock yarn I decided to put some of the icky green TLC Heathers I've had lying around for months to good use. That way if I messed up big time I wouldn't mind trashing the whole thing.. plus the thick worsted weight would make for a quick knit.

With the help of a pattern I found on this Sock Page I created this.. what I'm now affectionately referring to as my Frankenslock! (Slightly deformed half slipper/half sock).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As you can see it has a few issues. (As in I suck at ribbing on dpns!) The top is a bit loose and slouchy and the heel and gusset are far from perfect. But it's mine! And besides, nobody else in the world has a Frankenslock! :-P

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Nefermiw said...

I think your sock looks nice. I don't see anything wrong with it, but maybe it's just because I don't knit. Socks look nicer knitted than crocheted anyway. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home