Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Reincarnated

Some of you might remember this sweater from waaay back in November.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If you do then wow, thanks for sticking around my blog for so long. :-D And you might also remember that this not-so-fashionable sweater became my very first ever yarn recycling project.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Oh I had such great ambitions for where this sweater could go, what it could become, it's ultimate yarny destiny. Then I let it sit in the closet for 7 months. Waiting. Patiently.

Well the wait is finally over for two balls of this recycled brown chenille. It came out of the dark depths of my closet and was lovingly cast on to make a gift for my future daughter.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It took two weeks of putting down the needles every time I got distracted by hubby's video game, reading the DaVinci code, organizing the nursery... but last night it was finally finished.

I would like you to meet my very first Baby Bobbi Bear.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I cannot wait to give him to my baby girl.The stacks of handknit items I have stored in her closet are worth more to me than all of the baby gear in the world. I can only hope she'll grow up to be a knitter like her mom so she can experience the thrill of creating something out of nothing but a ball of yarn, some sticks, and a whole lot of love.

6 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Nefermiw said...

Aww, that's a very cute bear!
Amazing what you can get out of an old sweater. :o)

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Brittany said...

I love it! It's such a cute pattern!

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Rain said...

He's so lovely. How could you resist giving him a hug. I'm sure your baby girl will treasure him dearly.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

Your bear is so cute! And I love that it was recycled, too.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Great job Lindsey! That is so awesome! Great way to recycle. Lucky little girl! :)

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He needs a name!!! And shouldn't this one be titled... rein-yarn-ated. XD... bad bad pun I know, but I can't help myself sometimes. *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home