Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Future Projects

No photos this time... I'm too lazy to plug in the camera and download/crop/upload pictures right now. Next time, I promise!

I never did share the horror story of trying to knit my first pair of gloves. I thought the Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns would make it easy! But for me, gloves are turning out to be quite difficult. I couldn't get the sizing right. My wrists are small but my hand is wide. To make a long story short I tried a small size cuff with medium hand... on two different pair of needles... with single and double strands of yarn.. and still couldn't get it right. So I tossed it all in a bag to come back to later.
Someone suggested that I try knitting socks first.. to get used to using dpns without all those tiny fingers to worry about. I might just try that!

After my battle with the gloves I decided to make my Booga Bag. I ordered the yarn from Knitpicks awhile ago and decided now was the time for my first felting project. The pattern is a piece of cake.. garter stitch bottom with stockinette body (knit in the round, so no seams! woohoo!). A lot of mindless knitting + movies + hubby working all day Sunday = Booga bag by Monday afternoon! I felted it last night and am still amazed at how it came out. It's drying over some VHS tapes right now and as soon as it's all done and assembled I'll put up some pics. I plan on taking it out on the town Wednesday when hubby and I go to see the new Harry Potter with some friends. :)

Now I'm forcing myself to work on the second rainbow scarf. Must finish before Christmas! But there are so many things I want to knit!!

- My first pair of socks
- My first pair of gloves
- Irish Hiking Scarf
- String Baskets from Comforts of Home by Erika Knight
- Topsecret sweater from Knitty
- Razor shell scarf
- Felted Clogs

I'd also love to try dying with Kool-aid sometime. We have quite a few flavors available at the commissary too. And... sometime in the way off future I'd like to try spinning :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home