Friday, June 30, 2006

Yellowy yarn

Before getting into the FO's I have to thank the anonymous Knitty RAKer who sent me these goodies a few weeks back!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Some acrylic scraps for my toy making stash and watermelon pop rocks! Yum!! It really made my day. :-)

Lately I've been trying my hardest to be good and use up some of the oodles of yarn I have stashed away instead of buying more and more and more. I had a skein of pale yellow Bernat Softee Baby that I bought eons ago that I figured would be perfect to whip up some baby things. Only this pregnant brain of mine is having a hard time judging yarn amounts these days! I started with a sweater.. then had so much leftover I made a pair of booties and a soaker. And I STILL have enough to make at least a couple of hats or another pair of booties or... SOMETHING.

So much for stash busting. I think I need a break from the yellow yarn...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The sweater is the Placket Neck Pullover from Knitting for Baby. Knit on size 6 needles completely in the round which meant (woohoo!) virtually no seaming.

Here's the finished sweater once I'd added the beads (randomly picked from a variety pack I bought at JoAnn's).


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And a close up of the beads...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The booties were the Stay On Baby Booties pattern also from Knitting for Baby and the soaker was a free pattern I found here.

I'm not sure what I'll do next. Maybe some more soakers. We aren't using cloth diapers but I love how cute knitted soakers look! Since I don't have to worry about using wool I can probably do quite a bit of stash busting cranking out those. Or maybe I'll do that striped cardigan I've been talking about for ages...

Oh, the joys of an indecisive mind!

1 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Gorgeous! You did a great job! Not too much longer huh? Take care! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home